A HEALTHY PLANT IS A HUMAN RIGHT.
The Sustainability Corps focuses on environmental activism. Their guiding principles are as follows:
- quality, healthy foods and clean water should be a human right, not a privilege
- food deserts should not exist in a country with so much food abundance and waste
- nourishing one another is fundamental to realizing the ‘Beloved Community’
- returning to indigenous gardening practices is a source of hope for our planet
- addressing preventable health issues requires closeness and care for the land
In essence, this group believes a healthy planet is foundational for securing all other human rights.
Nourish the Plains focuses on quality food security for all.
Nearly 1 in 4 households are experiencing food insecurity.
In a nation with so much food abundance--even waste--more deliberate and creative approaches are needed to eliminate hunger. We embrace the challenge!